Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About the Pentatonic Scale
The pentatonic scale is probobly the most widely used scale in blues and rock music. Guitarist have devoted their entire careers to this one scale. If there is a single scale you should learn, study and master, the pentatonic scale is it! Everyone from Kirk Hammet to Zakk Wylde to Jimmy Page to SRV made their careers with this scale.
Bob Murnahan over at Lead Guitar Tactics has put together an incredible 35 page e-book that introduces you to the pentatonic scale and gets you started playing licks from the scale right away. Best of all, the book is FREE! There are 15 lessons in total. Some of the lessons include
- Pentatonic Scale Patterns
- Scale Fingerings
- Typical Blues Licks
- Blues Scale
- Guitar Riffs
- Passing Tones
- Putting It All Together
Here are Just a Few of the Daily Lessons That are found in Pentatonic Power
• A day by day guide takes the guess work out of learning. You know exactly what to practice to reach your goals. I can’t wait till you try this strategy!
• 273 examples in tab and notation with sound you can use to play killer lead guitar now.
• Specific examples of how to use the licks that you learn as starting points to easily create your own endless supply of licks. You be the judge of this benefit!
• The mechanics of bending, hammer ons and pull offs, the nuts and bolts of creating your own style on the guitar.
• The little known way to use string bending that most players never think of. You don’t want to miss this one!
• You’ll learn licks in the styles of diverse players such as Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Larry Carlton and John Scofield. The absolute best way to add more variety to your playing than you thought possible.
• 2 proven strategies for playing up and down the fretboard (the common finger technique and the position skip)…Check it out yourself!
• The top five most commonly used fingerings of the pentatonic scale so you can have total freedom to play any where on the fretboard at any time.
• An in depth look at each fingering of the pentatonic scale so you can really get it into your hands and ears allowing you to have complete mastery of the guitar.
• Exactly how the five fingerings overlap allowing you to play over the entire fretboard.
• Learn to harness the power of melodic patterns and how they can take your playing to a level that only you can imagine.
• The absolute best way to practice bending to make sure you nail them and play in tune.
• How to use wide skips to add new life to the pentatonic scale.
Click the image below to get further info on how you can truly master the pentatonic scale and become the lead guitar player you should be.